May 8, 2012

Sparks


My husband John and I have been fighting for several nights in a row. One over a chess game and my ridiculous need to win all the time. Another because I had to wait for a few minutes for John to go online. Petty, I know. It was a real downward spiral and I'm almost tempted to blame it on the supermoon. So I felt really low. I know it's my fault. I have this thing where I become cruel and heartless when I'm sad. It's a horrible attitude.

So there I was. Standing in the MRT amid the throng of women on their way to work and this song came up on my ipod and just slapped me in the face. What have I done?, I thought.

Relationships are hard. Made even harder by distance. A few weeks, a few years, for me it makes no difference how long you're separated. But no matter how difficult it is, two people in love must always find a way to hold on to their relationship. Through facebook, through skype, through online chess games (no matter how botched up they are in the end). Whatever it takes. Most of the time you have to swallow that lump in your throat called pride and admit your mistake/s. It's not a sure ticket to relationship wonderland. But it's a big step.

Thanks Coldplay.

No comments:

Post a Comment